Cool Effect partnered with OnePoll to conduct a survey to capture climate change knowledge and sustainable actions of 2,000 Americans ahead of Earth Day, and found only 55 percent of respondents believe they’re doing enough to stop climate change before it becomes catastrophic.
Here are some of the key findings:
- 82 percent of respondents believe that carbon emissions play a major role in climate change, but just 55 percent believe they’re doing enough to stop climate change before it becomes catastrophic
- 44 percent believe their actions are too small to make a difference
- 32 percent don’t feel knowledgeable about the actions they can take
- 27 percent have no idea how many emissions they produce
- According to a report released by the United Nations in October of 2018, we only have 12 years before climate change becomes catastrophic – 20 years less than the average respondent believes
- 60 percent of respondents believe that people need to think about climate change in every aspect of their lives
To explore the findings of the survey, download the full report below.